Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Recipe of the Day

I love to cook with my kids.  I don't mind the mess or the extra time it takes.  I think the lessons learned while cooking together are worthwhile and the time spent together is priceless.  Little M made one of our family's favorite recipes for desert today.  Very few of the recipes we use are of my own making, some recipes in my recipe box I have just jotted down over the years and have no idea where they came, but I know where this recipe came from and you can check out the site with the link below.  Let me know if you try the recipe out and what you think.





From the website Favorite Brand Name Recipes:

No-Bake Banana Peanut Butter Fudge Bars

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
2/3c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter

1. Finely chop banana. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat: stir in vanilla. Add oats and brown sugar. Heat and stir 5 minutes. Set aside 3/4c. oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into greased 9-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle banana over crust.

2. Melt chocolate and peanut butter together over low heat. Pour and spread over banana. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture; press down lightly. Chill 2 hours before cutting. Store in refrigerator. Makes 24 bars


I'm linking to It's a Keeper Thursdays

3 comments:

Sennie said...

Mmmm, I think we'll try these! I have some ripe bananas, and we go through granola bars like crazy.
Here from HHH.

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

Oh my goodness, these look amazing! I would eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner--you can never go wrong with bananas + chocolate. :D

Jess said...

I did eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (between meal snacks too!) hehehe