Thursday, January 13, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up: Yoga Time

So far so good I guess with that New Year's resolution thing.  I mean it IS Thursday and I am writing a post.  So I'm going to toot my own horn for a second.  Bear in mind of course that the future of this is uncertain.

Anyway, we had a pretty fun week.  We started out the week celebrating the Eastern Orthodox Christmas at Babcia's house.   For school, we talked a little about Ancient India and Ancient China.  Now that we are following a chronological study plan for history we only get a little snippet, unlike when we would do a whole unit.  But we did learn about Confucius and the Buddha as well as the caste system.  Both the kids enjoyed learning some animal yoga poses (see picture above) and we have had plenty of snow this week.  Each day  the kids have spent some time outside playing in the snow.  Which I think is wonderful but I also wonder about.  Why do they complain about going out to play when there is no snow and it's only slightly cold but when it is utterly freezing outside with snow they plead to go out?  I won't complain though.

We finished our week with a play date with some new homeschooling friends we met recently.  The kids enjoyed a fun craft and an afternoon playing.  I would call this week a great success.

No comments: