Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal: Week 2

In my life this week
My Grandfather passed away last week, so we spent a few days traveling out of state for the viewing and service.  He was 92 years old and lived a great life.  He accomplished many things in his lifetime and he will live on in the memories of his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.  He was so very proud of his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren and all their varied accomplishments.  He will be missed.

In our homeschool this week
We didn't really have official school this week.  After traveling we needed some time to catch up around the house so we worked on some life skills (i.e. cleaning up the house and getting caught up on the laundry).

I am inspired by
Veterans.  With Veterans day next week and my Grandfather's planned burial at Arlington National Cemetery in January,  I find myself thinking about the men and women who have served our country in the armed forces. I am able to find great inspiration in the bravery, strength, and selfless service of these men and women.  To them I send a heartfelt thank you. 

Places we're going and people we're seeing
Thankfully we have a slow week planned next week.  We will be getting back on schedule and into our book work.  Hopefully we will be able to make our homeschool group's play group this week.  It's been ages since the kids have seen their friends.  We also have a homeschool mom's meeting scheduled next week.  This is one of my favorite nights of every month.  I just love sitting down to talk with the other moms without having to stop a conversation to chase a kid on the playground or patch up a boo-boo.  It's nice quiet grown-up conversation that provides a great sense of companionship and support.

My favorite thing this week was
Trick-or-Treating!!!  Here are my pirates and kitty cat.



A photo, video, link, or quote to share
I saw this quote somewhere on the internet this week and posted it as my Facebook status.  A few homeschooling friends re-posted it so I thought I would share it here as well.
 
"You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again." ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Till next time.




The Homeschool Mother's Journal

2 comments:

Heidi said...

First of all I am sorry for your loss. My husband lost his dad at the young age of 64 and it is often hard to feel as though he lived a full life. He is greatly missed.

Thank you for linking up with us at NOBH!

Jess said...

Thank you Heidi.