|(Sorry about the focus - Little M was helping and then the camera battery ran out)|
Here is my recipe for zucchini bread:
1c sugar 1c all purpose flour
2 egg whites 1 tsp baking soda
1 whole egg 2 tsps baking powder
1/2c apple sauce 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2c buttermilk 1 tsp vanilla
1/4c vegetable oil 1 1/2c zucchini, shredded
1c whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl mix dry ingredients (except sugar). In a seperate bowl, mix eggs together with oil, buttermilk, applesauce, and sugar. Beat well then add vanilla.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients, mix well. Add zucchini and stir until mixed.
4. Pour batter into pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then move to cool on a wire rack.
Ms. Q and I started some seeds indoors in preparation for late summer/ early fall planting. We plan on doing cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, peas, carrots, lettuce, and spinach.
I think it's chipmunks. They've eaten