Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mottainai

Mottainai is Japanese for "it's a shame for something to go to waste without having made use of its potential in full." Just let the idea sink in for a second. Hmm... that this word can mean so much seems monumental.

I read this word while searching online for Furoshiki folding techniques. Weeks ago as warm weather started in I was smitten with the need for yard sale rummaging and thrift store finds. Then I found this awesome blog that has been really inspirational and this site about crafting new finds. And now mottainai. It must be a sign.

But where are my good deals? What do I even need? I would love to make a frame collection on the kitchen wall sorta cottage chic only with a more modern twist, I am in desperate need of a bed frame and Q has been bugging for a new bed too. I have always wanted to make a clock, and we need a larger space for our growing collection of homeschool supplies. I just got a new sewing machine for Christmas that has been screaming for more time out of the closet. Now if I could only figure out how to infuse the caffeine straight into my veins so I can skip all the coffee drinking and have ALL 24 HOURS of the day! But alas, my body does require some restorative sleep (as does my mind evidently). So I'll have to be happy searching and planning, I've always been better at that aspect anyway.

No comments: