Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday - Sunday

My work schedule is set so our school week runs Thursday through Sunday. This allows for me to go into the office on Monday and Wednesday mornings and gives Q three days off a week. When I first arranged this schedule it sounded great. Now I think it is somewhat of a bother.

Here's the thing - there is just too much going on on Saturday and Sunday for us to have a "normal" school day. First of all there is the fact that the neighbor is out of school and now that the weather is nice, she is outside and Q can see her playing through the dining room window. Second, there are birthday parties, engagement parties, communions, and other friend and family obligations. There are also so many fun and interesting community events scheduled now! What's a mom to do? Oh I know - let it go - have some fun! Afterall kids learn best through play, right?

No comments: