Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ughhhhh......

I am so frustrated and angry today! It is one of those days that I seriously wonder why we are all torturing ourselves with homeschooling.
Ok, that's not entirely fair. Most days we have a great time, but sometimes I just get so frustrated. Especially on days like today when Q is just not interested and not trying her best, or trying at all for that matter. I just don't know what to do. She doesn't seem to be focused at all and yelling at her is not working for her or me. I tell her something and then ask her a question about what I just said and she says "hmm...I think I know that." WELL YOU SHOULD-I JUST TOLD IT TO YOU!!
Should I start rewarding "good" days? I have been thinking for a while about a reward system for getting her work done. Something like for each subject we cover during the day that she actively and positively participates in she can have some sort of reward i.e. computer, tv, outside, or phone time. I really don't want to do that though. I am hoping that our school day will be its own reward and be fun and engaging. So I think I just discovered the answer to my problem. I already know that Q is no longer interested in the ocean as a topic for study and she really didn't want to finish the animal classification stuff we were working on but we only had three more classes to finish. So she agreed to finish them up. And man have we both been suffering. Lesson learned...when Q says she is finished with something she is finished. Drop it and move on!

(Wow this was really therapeutic. Who would of guessed?)

No comments: