Sunday, March 27, 2011

10 Things I Never Knew I Would Say

I have heard myself say some pretty crazy things in last few months.  If you're a mom you have probably said some very similar things.  Before I had children I imagined snuggling my little angels and watching them play quietly.  They would be polite and well behaved little people at all times. I had no idea what raising children was really like of course.  I'd seen people in restaurants and at the grocery store with loud, misbehaving children and I swore that when I had children they would never behave that way.  Well, like I said, I had no idea what it was really like to deal with the chaos children bring but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. 






I thought it would be fun to list some of the weird things I've said lately, so here they are (please don't judge me too harshly):

1. Toothbrushes are for teeth, not feet.
2. If you're going to eat that boogie please make sure it's yours first.
3. Please don't color on your cheese.
4. Lollipops are for mouths, not ears.
5. Please make sure you take that dress off your brother before your father gets home.
6.He only ate a little bit of it, I'm sure it won't kill him.
7. Please remember that the baby is a person, not a toy.
8. No toys in your pasta please.
9. Please don't eat things from under the couch cushions.

And by far my favorite...

10. The dog may not wear pants but his privates are still private.

What strange things have your heard yourself say lately?

8 comments:

Jenn Wurcel said...

I think you listed some of mine already. This was too funny.

Katrina said...

That list is too funny! I've said some pretty crazy things, too, over the years. I need to remember to write them down, like you did. Thank you for the idea:)

I'm a new follower from the Tiggerific Tuesday Blog Hop!

Katrina
www.theyallcallmemom.com

Trend Setting Mom said...

Hilarious! I'm sure I have had a few doozies myself, but my most memorable

"quit smelling my dirty socks!" gross, I know! LOL

Thanks for stopping by through the Tiggerific blog hop!

Christina

Our Family for His Glory said...

So fun- I just loved reading this!! :) Being a mom is challenging, but I sure love when we can remember the joy found in those special moments!!
Jessica

asliceofsmithlife said...

These are so funny! It would be great to have cartoon drawings of all your quotes to add to the humor of them :) Thank you for sharing your post on NOBH!

Tammilee said...

Hi
I am a new follower from the blog hop
I blog at www.tammileetips.com
Tammilee

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Haha, I love these. Sounds like it is never dull in your house hold! Too funny, lady :)
Stopped over from the I love blogging hop and glad I did. Have a good one!
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

Thrift Schooling said...

Following you now from Thursday blog hop! Love your blog :)
Would love if you'd consider following me back, thanks!
http://www.thriftymomspot.com