Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Favorite Recipe: Berry Cream Muffins

This is one of our family's favorite and my most versatile muffin recipe.  You can use any kind of berry that is in season or any kind of frozen berry.  If you use frozen berries DO NOT thaw before mixing into the mixture.

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. berries
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. vegtable or olive oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease muffin tin.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in berries and toss gently.
3. In a seperate bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, oil, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
4. Spoon into muffin tin and bake 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tin to cool on wire rack.


For this muffin I used frozen raspberries but I have made these successfully with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and even frozen cranberries.  These muffins freeze really well and will keep in the freezer for up to six months.  To defrost either pop in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or leave on the counter (in a plastic bag to retain moisture) over night. Enjoy!

March Muffin Madness It's a Keeper

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These looks so good Jess! Thanks for linking up your recipe.

Sarah said...

This looks amazing, thanks for sharing!

I am stopping by from I ♥ Blogging, just wanted to say thank you for joining our hop!

I would love if you could stop by and visit www.mooseandtater.com

Cori said...

*gasp* Yummy! I am so going to make these this weekend.

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

WOW!!

I am blog hopping today and I am happy to stop by your blog.

Please visit (and follow if you aren't already a follower) either or both of my blogs:

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com


Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at: http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Have a blessed day!! :0)