Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tot School - Introduction to the Alphabet

Little M has started Tot School!! He is really excited about it. He has been asking to do "real school" like Ms. Q. So I have decided to start a Letter of the week with him.

We began with an introduction to the alphabet. He can already identify all the letters but it was still nice to start with an overview of the alphabet.



We used the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault as our spine book.











Little M made a lapbook that I found HERE.  Table activities included matching lower case and upper case letters, recognizing his name, and identifying shapes and colors. 


Lapbook Cover



We went to the grocery store where he learned how to choose fresh fruits. Then he made his selections and made smoothies when we got home.



He also learned the alphabet in sign language with a video from the library. It was a success!


Next week - Letter A and Apples!!

5 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi Jess, your little M is very handsome.

I am a new follower from Bloghop Thursday I also like your Facebook page.

Nostalgic Marveling

Beautifully Forgiven, Kortney said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from the Thursday hop! Come visit me at www.kortneyskrazylife.com! Have a great Thursday and hope to see you soon!

mrs.shopper said...

Where I am from when we make games using file folders we just simply call them "File Folder Games" and are a handy tool for teaching. Following from the TBlog Hop. Please check out http://simplyshopandsave.ca Feel free to enter my Dapple cleaning kit. Ends tonite.

Unknown said...

My kids loved Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

I am a new follower from the Thursday blog hop and would love a follow back!!! I hope you have a great Thursday!

Hope
http://www.peanutbutterandhopey.com

Sarah said...

Great job! I love the lap book :)

I am stopping by from the I ♥ Blogging hop, thank you for joining our hop! www.mooseandtater.com