Monday, March 7, 2011

You Are Loved


I was reminded today about how important it is to make sure our children feel loved.  It seems simple, we think "of course they know we love them."  But it's just as important, if not more, to say it.  It's so simple to get caught up in our everyday lives.  There are schedules to keep, activities to attend, school work to plan, teach, complete, and check, housework to be done, messes to clean up, and misbehavior to be dealt with.  Here is the thing: we need to make sure our kids know they are loved everyday.  So today I am going to make special effort to say "I love spending time with you," "I am proud to be your mom," and "I love you so much."  Have you hugged your kids today?

6 comments:

Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

Hello from the other side of the US! What a great reminder to be verbal with our praise and love. I was once taught to check our facial expression as they walk into a room. Instead a squished up face wondering what they got on their shirt, to make an effort to have an open grin any time they come into our presence. It has helped me take a breath sometimes as well. :)

Teri said...

Jess!
I, for one, am L-O-V-I-N-G the names of your children!!!
I am also impressed with the "feel" of your blog!
I have a QUIN(ton), who happens to be my 5th son! ;0) And..this particular spelling means just that!
Have a great week!
Teri Helms ;0)
TommyMom

The Adventurer said...

Great picture of the kids, everyone looking happy. Thanks for linking up to the NOBH

Annika said...

Hi I'm stopping by from HHH. Great post. I need to verbally LOVE my children on my children more.

Unknown said...

Great reminders! Such adorable kiddos :)

I'm following from Hip Homeschool Hop. Be sure to stop by www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com, where Disney IS school and link up at our new hop: Tiggerific Tuesday! Blog Hop...or Bounce!

Rebecca said...

Followed you from the HHH today. YES...it is so important to remember loving our children....verbally and non verbally. I have three VERY Different children...each one has a different love language...all are unique and God grows me so much through them. I am so glad you linked up today! I can't wait to read more of your sweet story.

Rebecca
momsmustardseeds.blogspot.com